Welcome to Judith's Crystal Cave Teachings, my virtual home.
Here is where I share my thoughts on spirituality, life, humor, Crystals, and various topics I hope people will find interesting. We are far more than we know. We all have magic within us, waiting to be tapped into. I want to support that awakening, that recognition of what we are: Eternal souls on a journey through space and time, here to evolve, learn, and grow. All that I've learned from the teachers in my life, the elders, the animals, the stones, the trees, the elements, the stars, and all that I am, is shared here, in this space. My training in Classical Chinese Medicine, ( and Taoism ), including the Stones, 5-Element theory, Essential Oils, and herbs, Astrology, and my insights as a Clairvoyant Empath are all shared here. With empathy, love, and my bizarre sense of humor, I am honored to share my perspectives on this Earth walk with you.
One of the great loves in my life has always been nature, especially what native people call "The Stone People". I have been working with, and teaching about Crystals and Minerals for most of my life. All of the indigenous cultures around the world describe the stones as the oldest living beings on the planet. The Taoists consider them to be the most powerful healing modality that there is. Part of the reason I started my website was to introduce these Master Healers to people unfamiliar with them, since most people have limited access to a Taoist Master or a native elder. Most books available today focus on either the metaphysical properties of stones, or the mineralogical make-up of the stones. I wanted to offer material that is ancient, from my decades of study, along with my direct experiences, dreams, and visions with the stones as an Alchemist, Clairvoyant Empath and Mystic.
My home is filled with a Shaman's tools, drums, rattles, feathers, art, Stones, Essential Oils, Herbs, Sage, Sweetgrass, tobacco for ceremony... All of these things combine together to create an energy that is healing for all who enter, and to challenge the trance-like state western culture creates in us, which inhibits and blocks us from achieving our true potential. This part of my website is designed to do that, to challenge that trance state, offering a different perspective on life that includes magic, and an opportunity to explore other dimensions and realities.
My actual home in real life is very unusual, a geodesic dome and subterranean home built into the side of a hill, with 35 tons of Calcite boulders that create the ceiling. A true Crystal Cave, unique and magical. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I wanted to have, and make available for my clients, an environment for people to experience the Earth as it truly is, from an Indigenous culture perspective: Powerful, nurturing, magical, and Sacred. I want to invite people to embark on a journey into the mystical, the supernatural, where all living things are connected as one heart. And I want to include laughter, because laughter brings us into the moment more quickly than anything except love. So expect some snippets of my life that hopefully will make you smile.
Come on a journey with me.
We have some really wonderful planetary aspects this month. May starts out on a positive note with Mercury going direct on 5/3, with the Moon in Leo trining it. Finally! Also on 5/3, we have the Moon forming a Trine to Uranus, the planet of genius, originality, freedom, and change. This is a good day to initiate something, as Jupiter, the planet of faith and optimism, sextiles both of them. The Sun sextiles Neptune, the visionary planet, increasing intuition and compassion.
5/5 is interesting, with a Grand Trine in Earth, the Sun in Taurus, the Moon in detail oriented Virgo, trining powerful Pluto in Capricorn. This indicates things going on behind the scenes, and with the Moon opposing Neptune, people still lying trying to obscure the truth. Since the Moon moves so quickly, the lies are going to go up in a puff of smoke. Sad!
The Full Moon on 5/10 is fabulous. Mercury conjunct Uranus brings a shift in consciousness and increased awareness. New thoughts, new ideas, and new information inspires new directions. The Moon in intense and ruthless Scorpio takes no prisoners, as it sextiles Pluto, the ruler of the subconscious mind, but also the ruler of organized crime and the underworld. Look for bombshell political revelations about racketeering, corruption, and money laundering. The Moon trines Neptune, unraveling deception, and shining a light on the truth. On a personal level, this is a day of penetrating insights into the subconscious mind regarding old family of origin issues. Where were we controlled or manipulated? Blackmailed emotionally, or inhibited from being who we came to the planet to be? This Full Moon is liberating.
5/13 is very positive, with the Moon in Sagittarius conjunct to Saturn, the planet of patience, wisdom, and structure. At the same time, the Moon trines Uranus and Mercury, both planets of Mind and communication. This is a wonderful day for intention work and right thought.
The New Moon in Gemini on 5/25 is good, followed up by aspects on 5/26 that add momentum. 5/31 is fabulous, with a number of positive aspects. Expect May to be a busy, interesting month, with a lot of planetary support. Enjoy.
I’ve just started listing some of the new finds from last Fridays Gem and Mineral show. It was incredible, with some of my favorite dealers there, and one new resource, with extraordinary pieces from Brazil. I went with a ” wish list” for a few large and magical specimens, which I found. Those were breathtaking, probably the best I have ever come across in my 25 years of buying stones. ( My spiritual sister was here yesterday to pick up her 72 lb Bolivian Amethyst cluster. She saw them, and cried. ) Then there were the black Morion Smokey Points, with golden Citrine inside. These are crazy, like a chocolate candy with a creamy center. They look like gorgeous dark Smokey Quartz, with rainbows, water-clear. Until the light hits them. Then the Citrine literally glows like the sun, inside of them. Evidently, they come from one particular mine in Brazil. Holy mother of God. I bought every one of them.
The natural Citrine Points are stunning, some with Angel Phantom Quartz inclusions. Labradorite with crazy flash, beautiful clear Quartz Points, Pyrite, a tall Smokey/clear Quartz point, and more. Wow. I have my work cut out for me. I will keep listing them this week. These are mind blowing. Stay tuned.
In this increasingly chaotic world, it’s more important than ever to surround yourself with things that nourish your spirit. For me, those things are things that include art, nature, living beings like stones, plants, and animals, and uplifting vibrational fragrances like essential oils and Sage. Our home is our sanctuary, and should reflect our inner landscape. We can create an environment that inspires and uplifts all who enter it, but most importantly, it reminds us of the truth of who we are, magical miraculous beings on a cosmic journey. Every room in my house reflects that, and always has.
I have always been reclusive, living in the woods. I live in the Catskills, a very old group of mountains in upstate NY, just four miles from Woodstock. I feel at home here, these mountains speak to my heart. I live in a very magical house, with the upstairs being a geodesic dome, and the downstairs being subterranean, that is, underground. (Built into the side of a hill, with 35 tons of Calcite boulders creating the ceiling. A true Crystal Cave.) We’ve been here for 11 years. The energy of being underground, inside of Earth Mother is incredible on its own, add in 35 tons of rocks and you have something that is indescribable. ( So, of course being the hopeless rock slut that I am, I had to bring in MORE ROCKS. Because you can never have too many.)
As many of you know, I am a clairvoyant Empath. Empaths are psychics that feel other people’s emotions and feelings. That’s a really powerful gift. At the same time, there is no off switch for it, so it can be draining. Surrounding ourselves with living things that replenish us is essential. Our environment needs to feel psychically safe, never negative or disruptive. Since I work out of my home and see clients here, my office is designed to support the powerful alchemical work I do, while at the same time, clear and remove the fear, grief, or trauma that gets shed into it. Here are a few of the tools I use to do that.
1. Stones. Stones are the oldest living beings on the planet. All indigenous cultures use stones for healing. Different stones do different things. For clearing and protection, I use a number of them. For removing energies I absorb into myself from clients during the day, I use Smokey Quartz. Smokey Quartz is the Empath of the Stone kingdom. It becomes smokey by absorbing radiation into itself from the Earth, over millions of years. It continues to do this in our environment. It pulls into itself emotions being shed into a space. It is a powerful ally for any Empath, a must have, in my opinion. I surround myself with it for this reason. Next is Obsidian. A lot has been written about Obsidian, but I prefer the material given to me by my own guides, and by the stones themselves. Obsidian is formed by volcanic activity. It is a powerful deflector. I have large spheres of Obsidian in the four directions in my office. It seals the space, and protects against uninvited guests. It also can dismantle foreign energy constructs and attachments, and return them to the Void. Natural Citrine ( not heat-treated Amethyst) is a powerful addition to our Sacred Space. It is one of the few stones that balances all 7 Chakras, and never needs to be cleared. From a Feng Shui point of view, it is a manifesting stone. It helps us turn our dreams into reality. Charoite is another powerful alchemist. From Russia, it purges, purifies, and protects. I have several pieces of Charoite in my office, including a 20 lb Sphere of it. For spiritual inspiration and alleviating fear, Amethyst is my go-to stone. My desk has a 30 lb Bolivian Amethyst cluster, as well as spheres and points of Amethyst. It vibrates to the Violet Flame, the Crown Chakra, and wisdom. For healing the heart, Rose Quartz is the supreme nurturer. Clear Quartz is the energy amplifier, increasing our intention work and affirmations. Spheres, Generators and Quartz clusters sparkle and throw light into any room we put them in. Whichever stones speak to your heart are the stones that will best support you. They are all magical beings.
2. Sage, essential oils, and incense. Sage is powerful for energy clearing. It is sacred to native people. It removes energy debris, and uplifts the spirit. I use white broadleaf Sage. Incense is also powerful. I use Temple incense from India, along with Copal from South America. Essential oils are wonderful. They are one of the few things molecularly tiny enough to cross the blood-brain barrier, so can be very effective with uplifting. When dealing with shock from processing trauma, I diffuse Rose essential oil, sometimes with Vetiver or Myrrh.
3. Sound. I always have music playing in the background when I’m working. Usually, it is a group called Coyote Oldman, their Compassion CD or Rainbird. I have every album, they are all soothing and uplifting. The other regular is Migration, by Peter Kater and Carlos Nakai. Stunning and magical. I will also use the Quartz Crystal Singing Bowls, drums, rattles, or tuning forks, depending on what I’m doing.
4. Art. Art is so powerful in creating Sacred Space. It inspires and uplifts, I have bronze statues, carved wooden statues, prints and paintings that transport me into other realms. Dragons, Kwan Yins, Buddhas, goddesses, power animals, the Elements, nature, magic is everywhere I look. A close friend has gifted me with prints from the renowned fantasy artist Kinuko Y. Craft. The print in the photo is by Kinuko. It’s in my room. One of my favorites.
5. Books. I have a vast metaphysical library, bookcases on three levels, that I have carted with me over 45 years. They feed my soul.
Each of us has our own system, our own treasures, things that are precious to us. I have a set of rosary beads from 54 years ago, from my time in the convent. They are draped over a Quartz Crystal cluster, representing the beginning of my journey on my spiritual path, at 12. Creating Sacred Space is deeply personal, and should reflect who you are. It should refresh and restore you. It can be simple, or it can be as complex as your soul is. Most importantly, it should feel like a living expression of you, powerful, awake, and pulsing with magic. After all, it’s a magical universe, and our Sacred Space should remind us of that, and the truth of what we are: Magical, eternal, and infinite. It’s about having a space that is authentic, in a world where many people are not. It’s the one place guaranteed to be safe, where everything that you are is welcomed. It’s about self-acceptance and self-love. No masks. The place where you can be you, whether anybody else gets you. Or not. We all need that place. It’s our birthright. Our spiritual legacy. In a culture full of Muggles, being authentic out in the world takes a lot of courage. It’s relatively easy for me, because, A., I’ve always been a freak, and B., I don’t give a shit what anyone thinks of me. I never have. ” Fuck off” are two of my favorite words in my vocabulary. But until you get there, creating a space that honors who and what you are is a great start. Blessings, Judith
** The stones you see in the photo on my Altar table in my bedroom include: Large Quartz Points, the largest in the back is 26″, a black Morion Smokey Elestial from Brazil, about 25 lbs, a Tibetan Quartz Point with carbon inclusions, a deep red Realgar cluster from Peru, under the Mountain Lion bronze is a 30 lb natural Citrine from Brazil. The Quartz cluster has sparkling red Lepidocrocite. Partially out of range of this photo are more, a 100 lb natural Citrine Point, another big Smokey Elestial, a 20 lb Pyrite cluster from Peru, a 6″ Quartz Sphere, and a 7″ Super 7 Sphere, and a 5″ Citrine Sphere. The bronze is about 3′ long, and 30″ tall. Mountain Lion is one of my power animals. This bronze is from China. The dark burgundy Sphere in front of the Kwan Yin is Star Almandine Garnet from Pune, India. 4″.